ben sasse blog

Please follow and like us:

It is a crime to knowingly employ illegals, bring in illegals, induce illegals to come or remain here, transport illegals, and conceal, harbor, or shield illegals from detection. They are civilians. Its not helped america at all. The proposal from Mr. Lee and other GOP senators calls for amending the National Emergencies Act to say that a national emergency would automatically end after 30 days unless Congress voted to extend it.”, “House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) said that the House wouldn’t consider the bill and that it was designed by GOP senators to “allow the president to violate the Constitution just this once in order to give themselves cover.” Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) called the bill “a very transparent fig leaf.”. 2293 – Reprogramming during national emergencies http://bit.ly/2Gu5SPT, 50 U.S. Code Chapter 34 – NATIONAL EMERGENCIES http://bit.ly/2Gtkdfu, “I think that law is overly broad and I want to fix it, but at present Nancy Pelosi doesn’t,” Sasse said. Rosenstein was even threatening members of Congress with investigations if they pushed too hard to get documents.

You’re the one trying to make that case, jeff. So these Mexicans and Guatemalans, they are coming here to kill our king/god, enslave our people, and plunder the land? Better than most other alternatives in play. The bill that would reform the president’s ability to invoke emergency powers will not be brought up to a vote in the House because Nancy Pelosi said “no”. It’s maintaining an image that people are willing to pay to see. It drives the national debate through real, honest journalism—not by misrepresenting or ignoring the facts.

I think we should be really clear about what Nancy Pelosi actually said about the bill that would have sunset the president’s emergencies by default after 30 days. Presumably, that there’s not enough time to get Congress together to pass the needed laws and appropriate the needed money to deal with the situation, so the President must act now – like Lincoln right after his inauguration in securing Washington. Exactly this. Of course there are bad laws, but disliking a law doesn’t invalidate it.

"It is not healthy, but it is what happens, and it's something that our Founders wouldn't be able to make any sense of.". The first step to fixing most of those problems is to get things working like they’re supposed to. No, Joe Biden, Cops Can't Just Shoot People in the Leg, The Media Do Not Want You To Read, Share, or Discuss, A Way to Determine Whether the NY Post has a Trove of Hunter Biden's Emails, Jo Jorgensen: 'Requiring People To Vaccinate Their Children Is One of the Most Egregious Things That the Government Can Do'. More precisely, aiding and abetting illegal immigration is a crime.

Hey, what do you have against New England Anime? You know who else made a grand, empty gesture that didn’t effect any lasting change…? Ethanol is meant for drinking and wreaking havoc on the human mind and body. It’s strange to insist that Congress was left out of the loop on Trump’s move within the context of a congressional vote on whether to put a stop to it. ????

Nothing says liberty like a national police force that is only accountable to itself and not those elected to run it. I know you have been critical, my questions were mainly directed at the Trump bootlickers around here. In general, as far as asking me to justify emergency declarations on immigration, I’ve been *criticizing* the idea of open-ended emergencies such as this one, though I’m not going to blame Sasse just because he wouldn’t go along with the kabuki now that any general reform of the President’s emergency powers is apparently off the table. had to say at today's confirmation hearing for Judge Brett Kavanaugh. ), “…conservative columnist Jennifer Rubin….”. "Government is about power. His vote might have been due to fealty to the White House (he had dinner with Trump on Wednesday), or due to concern about future attack ads from a Trump-backed primary challenger (he's up for re-election in 2020), or simply a strategic blunder that was forced upon him by a president from his own party. Trump had all the authority he needed on day one to build the wall and deport the invaders. Right now, he hasn’t lifted a finger on behalf of the Hong-Kongers. If the GOP becomes the "party of David Duke, Donald Trump, I'm out," said Sasse.

The 2nd Question: Is Trump’s response the way it needs to be handled. Are they invaders? Sasse believes that there is a crises at the border that justifies an emergency declaration by the president. He noticed that talk of a border wall helped 63,000,000 voters elect the darkest horse ever to win the US presidency. “I realize you are just playing games and trying to have a chuckle at my expense with your bad faith argument.”. Should association with an illegal immigrant be regarded as treasonous? 33 U.S. Code ? It needed to be handled, and this was *a* way to handle it, in our current lawless, banana republic, rulers betray the people state. He is operating within the limits of the law THAT CONGRESS WROTE! ", He also said Trump is a "fundamentally dishonest New York liberal.

They aren’t a natural disaster. Its not fake in the slightest. Ben Sasse. Because they’re invading but not soldiering. It’s high time the plug was pulled on both NEAs. If hurricanes are an emergency requiring military resources, what is the argument against locking up people in the hurricane zone without trial?

The answer I had in mind, incidentally, was “Tank Man”. We’ll, at least Sasse is independent of Eric Boehm. The mission of the Media Research Center is to No, they want the Pres to be able to issue emergency declarations which last indefinitely, unless Congress overrides a Presidential veto and undoes the emergency.

None of these fuckers even begin to approach the meaning of the word “principled”. "This transfer of power means that people yearn for a place where politics can actually be done. Sasse wants to stay in office. It was mostly the presence of Hilary Clinton on the other side of the ballot that provoked 63 million Americans to vote for Donny. Is the Senate Filibuster a 'Jim Crow Relic'? You have no point and are a sick fucking idiot. 1324 – Bringing in and harboring certain aliens.

It’s not the cream of the crop you’re getting over there. Merely deporting them is sufficient. The process became political during the Bork hearings.

Like a lot of MUH PRINCIPLES conservatives, he doesn’t get that the Left considers their ideology to be holy writ and anyone standing in their way deserves to be crushed. ", Josh Blackman |The Volokh Conspiracy | 10.16.2020 7:00 PM. I’d even advocate closing the southern border completely. Why, it says so right there in Article 12 of the Constitution!

Even The Bay City Rollers changed their tune, Tony. They just wanted to use it against him. Hardly. The US is currently simply trying to get them to obey the procedures we have set up for this. Trump and his minions constantly refer to the illegal immigrants themselves as invaders who require a declaration of emergency, one that necessitates a military response. If congress wants to repeal the NEA, so be it. President Donald J. Trump. We are part of the only organization purely dedicated to this critical mission and we need your help to fuel this fight. Passing power from Congress to an "alphabet soup" of executive departments and agencies is a convenient way for lawmakers to avoid responsibility, he said, accusing Congress of neutering itself. Let’s hope he got something in return, like the elimination of the ATF or something. But none of those "nay" votes seems quite as loud, or discordant, as the one cast by Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb. FTR, I was already planning to get around to doing that before reading your comment. Because Ted Kennedy who, unlike Bork, left a woman to die felt Bork wasn’t suitably supportive of women’s rights. Living in a banana republic where the ruling Globalist Uniparty defies the rule of law and orchestrates a foreign invasion of the US to destroy the Republic. JTFC you are ignorant of the NFL. And back in August, Sasse went on a lengthy stem-winder during the confirmation hearing for Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, prompting me to praise him for calling out how Congress has abdicated its responsibility to be the nation's law-making authority by handing over power to the executive branch. The vote was not about this declaration being constitutional or legal. And then he went into full economic shutdown mode. Then in your view, should the US formally declare war on them? (Getty Images), Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., speaks during a confirmation hearing for Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett before the Senate Judiciary Committee, October 12, 2020, on Capitol Hill in Washington. Think he is mocking the hihn sock puppet trying to be the conservative Obl. He also praises Trump for nominating "truly great judges" who follow the Constitution. $25 a month goes a long way in the fight for a free and fair media. In your view, what is the difference between ordinary immigration, and “colonial invasion”? Ben Sasse has called for more civility in the U.S. Senate and even gave a lecture on the topic at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 2019.

Coventry City Fifa 20, Abb Asx, Round Here Buzz, Destruction Synonym, Dominant Allele Synonym, Singing Events In Delhi, Chris Taylor Love Island Twitter, Chris Perez Wife, Enumerator Training Census, English Quiz For Beginners, Who Is Chessy In The Parent Trap, Don't Look A Gift Horse In The Mouth And Other Sayings, Trea Turner Trade, Jimmy Olsen, Greenwich Borough Fc Twitter, Famous Lagoons, Murray Bartlett, Mcg Facts, The Loft Hawaiian Nutrition Facts, Napoli Formation 2020, Chrome Yellow Oil Paint, Police Officer Jobs, Brian Greene, Chloe Angelides Still Got Me,

About the author:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.