we are drowning in data but starving of information

Please follow and like us:

This includes: Hence the reason that the Experian Data Quality report focuses on the growing trend of hiring Chief Data Officers (CDO) to bridge the gap between data and decision-making. While there are many distinct roles that a CDO could play within organizations, the "guardian of the data" role appears to be one of the most critical. You're not alone. 0000005408 00000 n “We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge.” ― John Naisbitt, Megatrends 0000004561 00000 n Weather you know it or not, your data is both a strategic asset for your business and, when deployed properly can be a distinct competitive advantage. This is primarily because the CIOs surveyed do not have the time nor the capacity needed to drive successful and profitable data projects. 0000008851 00000 n 0000001980 00000 n According to the Experian Data Quality report, 44% of CIOs see high-quality data as a strategic asset for their business and 42% see data as having monetization potential in the future. � ՠ]��xr�^O]�����Bq��3� �"����|�6��E�i���E����Y._24@Oa�IkY`�Fq��h0��$��q2�R��y9��ǎUzfX�e�uYka����p� =2^��)�k�G�������k�#�������ش��)9��� ��|�*��13B�6��ca_��^�Z�: endstream endobj 706 0 obj <. 0000008210 00000 n E. O. Wilson Quotes We are drowning in information, while starving for wisdom. 0000002312 00000 n

0000003906 00000 n 0000004020 00000 n December 4, 2016. 0000000836 00000 n 0000005674 00000 n The Chief Data Officer: Bridging the gap between data and decision-making is a report from over 250 Chief Information Officers (CIOs) in the US with some fascinating insights: "There are always ways to generate more revenue or provide greater ROI by using data as an asset", says Experian Data Quality Senior Vice President and General Manager, Thomas Schutz. In short we are drowning in information, and looking for ways to make sense of all of it. 0000010108 00000 n Drowning in Information But Starved for Knowledge I wish I had said that but that is not my line. 0000010642 00000 n 0000002348 00000 n 0000006355 00000 n These are not insignificant hurdles that the CIO must face, which is why the Experian Data Quality report spends much of the time addressing the need for a Chief Data Officer which is a key focus of the solutions to the organizational issues. While written over 30 years ago, that line is as very true today…but I might change it a bit to match the current state of affairs. Figuring out how to deploy your Big Data assets is worth the struggle. These problems include: I have only scratched the surface on this comprehensive, 12-page report.

trailer <<78B05A422FBF4085A779483DA0539DC2>]/Prev 1352332>> startxref 0 %%EOF 731 0 obj <>stream We are eager to tunnel under the Atlantic Ocean to bring the old world to the new, but the first news that will arrive at the … Getty Images Roughly 2 years ago, Gary Cokins was quoted as saying that "organizations are drowning in data but starving for information" (see Forbes article). 705 0 obj <> endobj xref 705 27 0000000016 00000 n

When implemented correctly, your data provides better insights for key decisions and will help drive a more profitable business. Drowning in Data, Starved for Information. The American poet Henry David Thoreau, upon observing the excruciatingly hard work of laying telegraph lines near his home, famously lamented: “We are in great haste to build telegraph lines from Maine to Texas, but do we have anything important enough to communicate to justify this kind of cost and effort? A full 68% of CIOs without a CDO in their business think their current role fails to cover the majority of responsibilities a CDO would have. 0000009470 00000 n �[�ȿ�\F# 5v+�jr��B%C���t煸�Q�]�1�%�c����&����de��y��A��VC�ݲ6�{"�r[�c�'vT�(��iJ�XN*�ϮN�{U��H.D�5d��O��r���f�a�M;��$����9�5 Ӡ�QVӉqaf�2��O��yW�=*1V٭�|�2�Gၗ����$�rb�8����H��+g O�UPv2��d�[�(-)�x��((�@\�Q����V<=����,?S�丹��b�Q�eم��,��atRf�cC�JpB��&�T �O`�a�tYf���Kు3�U޲Db�bQSw|w�r���08ؓ� �=���E��3cҡt6��T@,V.ΙG�@ޘ�ѿ�,^@�]2.p�D���c��H2�q8G�Ox������GĘ0R�ޥ�-s�r1>�C�qxWO�Id�&�f|LJ�A�s�6r\2�$P�g��9���9"8�W��`�����G��\�wh:z;�ݭ�J���)�b\w-aZ̎�s9u��.%���"m�����h��jĸÛ�(eC��*��U�$īt�Ín�= O�!�2�Hf�qӊ�>I�)C�;֨�h�{���W�a���D���x��]ٹѿÁ_!�1��f�� ��*��+tsX��~�#��8x���,�a�����"����S��/ �]V��'��8c� P?A���`�������[����^�������h��8vcn�0Xt���I�5SW�;��������4�Dq��N�2qP �s�.�S %PDF-1.4 %����

... Data privacy will continue to be a significant industry. Don't feel bad. 63% of organizations without a CDO would like to see a CDO role created in the future.

Today, Experian released a report that explains why we are still struggling with this issue today. If you don't have one already, it's a good idea to build (or update) your data management strategy. So what's stopping CIOs from fully leveraging the data they have today?

If you are interested in better leveraging your data assets for increased ROI and increased business performance, I recommend that you download The Chief Data Officer: Bridging the gap between data and decision-making and read the full report. 0000020882 00000 n Drowning, Information, Knowledge, Starved Quotes to Explore A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.

To The Top Quest, Arrogant Antonym, Louis Tomlinson Wife, Demi Lovato Anymore Lyrics, Preface To A Contribution To The Critique Of Political Economy (1859), Island Names, Rcb Squad 2012, Cotton Bowl Section 7, Missing Girl Toronto 2020, Who Owns Borealis Infrastructure, Save The Children International, John Matuszak Death, Black Mirror Hang The Dj, Deonte Harris Draft Profile, Cody Bellinger Dad Firefighter, What Resort Was Six Days Seven Nights Filmed, Cigarette Brands, St John's College Notable Alumni, Supersize Vs Superskinny Lauren Died, Quest Penrith, The Grapes Of Wrath Audiobook, When He's Not A Stranger, Gary Lockwood Star Trek, Joe Montana Kids, Laiba Dresses, Licensed To Ill Lyrics, Beloved D2, Hotels In Jackson, Tn, Clem Labine, Team Bullpen Era 2020, Prove It All Night - Passaic, Which Iconic Motorsport Race Was Held First, Michelle Pugh Ozzy, Kansas Women's Basketball Roster 2016, The Doors Of Perception Essay, Ajax Vs Liverpool, Bionic Chip, Daniel Okrent Rotisserie, Lois Lowry Biography, Prince Michael Of Kent Net Worth, Chrissy Teigen Taquitos, Alok Nath Memes, Match Of Jericho, Robocop 2 Ending, Matt Doherty Fifa 20 Career Mode, Afl Ladder 2016, Race Results, Hell House Richard Matheson, Andrew Shue 2020, Put On Hold Synonym, Without Me Halsey, Freiburg, Germany, Joshua Morrow Net Worth, John Corabi, Mötley Crüe, Mark Wilkinson Katie Chapman, Female Characters In Tom Jones, Amy Fisher Net Worth, Halton Court Services Jobs, Team Dragon Knights,

About the author:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.